Maintaining the pool’s water quality requires the use of a wide variety of chemicals that often pose underestimated risks.
This course, developed in collaboration with the Association paritaire pour la santé et la sécurité du travail, secteur « affaires municipales » (APSAM), is nothing less than an essential tool for anyone handling or likely to handle hazardous products at work. It allows you to:
- Understand the safety data sheet and regulations on hazardous products’ labels (product category, symbols, WHMIS label, supplier’s label and workplace label);
- Know where and how each product should be appropriately and safely stored;
- Provide appropriate first aid in case of contact with a hazardous product;
- Prevent incidents, gas and toxic vapour emanation, etc.;
- Recognize incompatible products.
This course is intended for
- pool and spa operators
- aquatic managers
- aquatic facility maintenance personnel
Did you know?
Article 62.5 of the Act Respecting Occupational Health and Safety states that any employee handling hazardous products at work must follow a specific training on how to use these products in their workplace.