WHAT'S AN AFFILIATE MEMBER?
BEIING AN AFFILIATE MEMBER
There are many benefits to becoming an affiliate member of the Lifesaving Society! For instance, you can:
- Offer our decentralized trainings;
- Post decentralized trainings on our Website;
- Post your job offers on our Website;
- Access a credit line allowing you to pay for certificates and orders fees within 30 days after receipt of invoice.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AFFILIATE MEMBER
- Adhere to the Lifesaving Society's on Program and Service Delivery.
- Adhere to the Lifesaving Society's for Affiliate Members.
- Adhere to the Lifesaving Society's .
- Create an on the Lifesaving Society Website.
- Renew your membership each year from your Lifesaving Society online account to receive membership benefits. No exam will be processed if the membership is not in good standing, even if the course has already taken place.
- Respect the Lifesaving Society's .
- Meet the requirements of the current Program Guide. (lien à venir vendredi)
- Check candidate prerequisites and instructor qualifications prior to the start of a course.
- Adhere to the prerequisites determined by the Lifesaving Society for training.
- Do not turn down a candidate who has all the required prerequisites.
- Offer no more than 8 hours of instruction per day (for one course).
- Create the course’s test sheet from the Lifesaving Society's Online and add instructors if preferred.
- Ensure that test results are submitted to the Lifesaving Society within 14 days, even if this task is delegated to an instructor.
- Pay for certificates and order fees within 30 days after receipt of invoice.
* If the Lifesaving Society has reason to believe that a training event organized by the Affiliate does not meet established standards, the Society reserves the right to monitor the management of the Affiliate's training and to apply any other sanctions in accordance with the Complaint Management Policy.
DECENTRALIZED AND CENTRALIZED TRAINING
The Lifesaving Society has developed centralized and decentralized training in the aquatic field. Decentralized training is offered by Lifesaving Society Affiliates in good standing. Centralized training is managed and offered exclusively by the Lifesaving Society.
The Lifesaving Society shares information and news with its members through e-newsletters and phone calls. Make sure to sign up for our Affiliate newsletters to stay informed of the latest news and changes.
*Affiliates with outstanding invoices must pay them before submitting test sheets or purchase orders to the Lifesaving Society. The Society will not issue certificates to, or process orders from, candidates who have taken courses from Affiliates with outstanding invoices.