Instructor Trainers are true leaders within the lifesaving community; their passion and expertise are vital to ensure continuity in lifesaving and first aid. If you wish to contribute to knowledge-sharing and ensure high quality amongst the Lifesaving Society’s instructors, this training is for you!
The Instructor Trainer can teach the following awards: Lifesaving Instructor, National Lifeguard Instructor, and Emergency First Aid/AED Instructor.
MINIMUM TIME REQUIRED
- 20 hours (may be preceded by an 8-hour preclinical)
- To be at least 18 years old
- To hold a current Lifesaving Instructor award
- To hold a National Lifeguard – Instructor award (highly recommended)
- To hold a Emergency Care/AED Instructor award (highly recommended)
- To have experience in teaching at least 2 courses, depending on the chosen option
- After the instructor course, candidates will be required to successfully complete an internship in the instructor training course in the area in which they wish to become certified in order to teach it.
- 2 years: Requalification by credit system;
- Hold the current basic certificate (ex: FMS, you must have the current MS)