The obtention of a license (registration) is mandatory to participate in a recongized lifesaving sport competition. The "Discovery" license is intended for competitors and/or coaches. It is valid for a single competition and is not valid for provincial championships.
When you own a license from the Lifesaving Society, you gain:
- The right to participate in the regional competition network and to the different Quebec lifesaving championships;
- The publication of your coordinates in the Alerte! magasine as well as on the Lifesaving Society's website;
- The publication of your events on the Lifesaving Society's website as well as on the lifesaving sport's Facebook page;
- The possibility of borrowing equipment for free for your training sessions and sporting events;
- A privileged access to documents and events aimed at training and perfecting your athletes, trainers and officials.
- To register your club: Registering your club (2017-2018).
- To obtain your license (registration) as an athelete or coach: Obtaining a license (registration) for an athlete or a choach 2017-2018.
- COACHES: you must follow the "Making Head Way" free training course offered by the National Coach Certification Program (NCCP). To do this, follow this procedure which will allow you to create your NCCP account and follow the training. A coach cannot register with the Lifesaving Society if they do not possess the required training. A lifesaving sports coordinator will verify the registration in order to ensure proper validation.
- Obtaining a license for Canadian competitions: Canadian Athlete Registration Form.